Firefighters rescue man from burning home

November 20, 2009 4:04:22 AM PST
One person was rescued from a fire at a home in northwest Harris County overnight. Flames broke out in a detached garage at a home on Castle Lane near Colonial Trail around 12:30pm.

Firefighters were able to put out the fire before it actually made it to the house. They say a man was inside sleeping and got out of the home after firefighters broke through the door.

"When he walked out the front door he was quite surprised to see the fire trucks. He told us he had not heard us when we arrived on scene, only heard when we kicked in the front door," said Chief Wesley Cole from the Northwest Fire Department.

Firefighters say the home did not have smoke detectors. That man was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.


Load Comments