Poisonous mushrooms sicken three

November 13, 2009 4:51:27 AM PST
Three members of a California family are in intensive care after eating mushrooms they picked in the wild. Officials at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco say the three have been hospitalized since Tuesday after eating so-called "death cap" mushrooms.

The mushrooms are among the world's most lethal. Experts say that even experienced mushroom gatherers can mistake the potentially deadly sprouts for the harmless ones.

Officials have not said where the mushrooms were picked.

      QUICK HEADLINES | MORE US/WORLD | GET NEWS ALERTS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ABC13 SOCIAL NETWORKING
Find us on Facebook® | Follow us on Twitter | More social networking
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORE FROM ABC13
ABC13 widget | Most popular stories | Street-level weather
ABC13 wireless | Slideshow archive | Help solve crimes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Load Comments