Child microwaving toys causes fire

June 3, 2009 10:30:47 AM PDT
Some words send a chill up the spines of parents and grandparents. An example is when a 2-year-old says, "Uh-oh." Those words might have come from Bea Magallan's 2-year-old great granddaughter. That's after the tot stuck some of her toys in the microwave oven Tuesday morning and switched it on.

The girl fetched her mother, and Sabrina Navarro arrived to find flames reaching the ceiling of her grandmother's Corpus Christi kitchen. Navarro got her daughter, 1-year-old son and family dog out and called 911.

Magallan was called at work and got home in time to see firefighters put out the fire. She and her eight grandchildren and great-grandchildren are homeless, but she says she's glad everyone was safe.

      QUICK HEADLINES | MORE TEXAS | GET NEWS ALERTS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ABC13 SOCIAL NETWORKING
Find us on Facebook® | Follow us on Twitter | More social networking
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORE FROM ABC13
ABC13 widget | Most popular stories | Street-level weather
ABC13 wireless | Slideshow archive | Help solve crimes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Load Comments