Bride rescues family from house fire

June 1, 2009 10:11:02 AM PDT
A Connecticut family has been saved from a house fire by a new bride who rushed inside through thick smoke while wearing her wedding gown. Officials say Georgette Clemons had just left her wedding reception Sunday evening when she spotted smoke coming from a Bridgeport home.

Clemons got out of the car she was riding in and ran into the home. She says a woman was yelling about her animals and didn't want to leave, so she had to pull her out.

As firefighters arrived and battled the blaze after members of the Eitelberg family were rescued, Clemons was nearby folding her blackened wedding dress.

Clemons says she messed up her shoes, but says that's no big deal because everyone is safe.

      QUICK HEADLINES | MORE BIZARRE | GET NEWS ALERTS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ABC13 SOCIAL NETWORKING
Find us on Facebook® | Follow us on Twitter | More social networking
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORE FROM ABC13
ABC13 widget | Most popular stories | Street-level weather
What's on TV | Slideshow archive | Celebrity blog
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Load Comments