Um, sir? Your house is on fire

February 28, 2009 7:28:57 AM PST
A Connecticut man was so engrossed with the tunes on his iPod that he didn't realize his house was on fire -- until his alarm company called. [SIGN UP: Get bizarre news sent to you]

Pomfret Assistant Fire Chief Edward Bates says Andrew Riley told him he was listening to music Thursday afternoon when the blaze broke out on the upper floor of his 2 1/2-story house.

Bates says Riley didn't smell smoke or hear the smoke alarm going off.

After receiving the call, Riley dashed upstairs and shut a door to the burning room.

Firefighters arrived on the scene and quickly put out the blaze. The damage was limited to the exercise room and an adjoining office.

A fire marshal blamed the fire on an electrical malfunction in the exercise room.

              Bizarre Channel | Check your horoscope | What's on TV
                    Local events | Contests | Headlines at a glance


Load Comments