Fumes sicken worker at high school

January 14, 2009 3:39:11 PM PST
A worker was sickened by chemical fumes while working at a local high school.[SIGN UP: Get headlines and breaking news sent to you]

Around 11am, a contractor was working at the pool at Clear Lake High School on Bay Area Boulevard in southeast Houston when he accidentally mixed chlorine in a container that had contained muratic acid. The resulting fumes made the worker sick enough to go to an area hospital to be checked out.

HazMat crews were called to the scene. Four CCISD maintenance workers were checked out at a local clinic.

No students were affected by the fumes. Students left for the day at 11:30am as previously scheduled.

      Headline check | 100 most recent local stories | News alerts
            Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes


Load Comments