Elderly man cooking may have started fire

November 24, 2008 4:10:50 AM PST
Firefighters out near Kingwood put out a blaze at a townhome overnight. [SIGN UP: Get headlines and breaking news sent to you]

They say an elderly man was cooking inside his home on FM 1960 near Strong Pine when the appliance caught fire and quickly spread. He managed to get out, but was taken to a hospital for smoke inhalation.

Crews had a few problems putting out the flames due to the structure of the roof, but managed extinguish it.

      Headline check | 100 most recent local stories | News alerts
            Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes


Load Comments