Bad wiring being blamed for apartment fire

November 17, 2008 5:44:09 AM PST
Firefighters believe bad wiring started a fire at an apartment complex.[SIGN UP: Get headlines and breaking news sent to you]

The fire charred a ground floor patio and second floor balcony at the Sandridge apartments in Pasadena. Firefighters made a fast attack and prevented the flames from spreading inside the apartment. However, an upstairs and downstairs unit suffered heavy smoke damage.

The upstairs renters were in the apartment when the balcony fire started. Originally they thought they burned a pizza.

"I poured water in there and I thought it would put it out, but the porch was still on fire," said fire victim Jerome Pusey. "I went downstairs and it was underneath the concrete padding they have on the ground."

Firefighters think the fire was electrical. They believe wiring on outside lights may be the source of the blaze.

      Headline check | 100 most recent local stories | News alerts
            Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes


Load Comments