Grease fire causes damage to home

October 20, 2008 4:21:31 AM PDT
A grease fire that started on a stove caused some major damage to a southwest Houston duplex. It started around 9:30pm on Bexley near Sunny Field. Firefighters were able to stop the flames before they spread to the attic. The family in the home tried to put it out before escaping.

"I called my sister and we looked for flour but didn't have any so we couldn't put it out. So we ran out the house," said one of the residents.

No one was hurt. The teenagers at the house ran to wake up their neighbor and get him out in case the fire spread.

      Headline check | 100 most recent local stories | News alerts
            Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes


Load Comments