Cigarette blamed for apartment fire

October 12, 2008 7:24:54 AM PDT
An apartment fire in north Houston appears to have been started by a cigarette. The Houston Fire Department arrived on the scene at Greens Parkway and Sharmon around 10:30pm Saturday. At the time a fire was raging in two apartments. Two units burned and four others suffered smoke and water damage.

Everyone got out safely. Firefighters say a female in a downstairs unit left a cigarette in her living room and that is believed to have sparked the blaze.

      Headline check | 100 most recent local stories | News alerts
            Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes


Load Comments