Candle to blame for massive house fire

September 23, 2008 9:28:25 AM PDT
A woman is expected to survive after being burned in a massive house fire.It happened on Claygate near Cork in southeast Houston. The fire started when a candle fell over and a bed caught fire. The woman was asleep when the fire started. Neighbors saw the flames and called 911.

"I heard some glass popping and I looked out the window, I thought someone was breaking into my car. I saw the blaze across the street so I called 911," said neighbor Marion Campbell.

The house was fully engulfed by the time firefighters arrived. The woman and her boyfriend managed to get out of the house. She suffered second and third degree burns.

      Headline check | 100 most recent local stories | News alerts
            Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes


Load Comments