Pet knocks over candle, causes house fire

September 22, 2008 4:48:06 AM PDT
A family pet knocked over a candle, causing a fire at a home on the city's south side.ROAD TO RECOVERY: Breaking news on Ike | POD locations | Person locator | Local gas station report | Hurricane guide | Viewer photos of Ike | Latest power numbers

The fire broke out early this morning at a home on Airport near Cullen. Firefighters say the residents are among the many Houstonians still without lights after Hurricane Ike.

They had a candle in a bedroom. A dog knocked it over onto the bed. The sheets caught on fire and spread quickly. Fortunately everyone inside got out unhurt.

Keep your family safe this hurricane season. Check our complete tropical weather preparation guide


Load Comments