Couple with no power injured in house fire

September 21, 2008 6:33:25 AM PDT
A couple is in the hospital following a house fire in northwest Houston.ROAD TO RECOVERY: Breaking news on Ike | POD locations | Person locator | Local gas station report | Hurricane guide | Viewer photos of Ike | Latest power numbers

Investigators say the older couple lit some candles because they did not have electricity. One of the candles on the window seal started a fire and the couple was overwhelmed by smoke.

Firefighters found them lying on the floor with a flashlight. One of them is in serious condition while the other is critical.

Keep your family safe this hurricane season. Check our complete tropical weather preparation guide


Load Comments