One death being blamed on carbon monoxide

September 14, 2008 11:29:48 AM PDT
Generators can be used to power your home if electricity is out. But used improperly, generators can cause carbon monoxide poisoning, which could lead to death. HURRICANE IKE: Watch live | Breaking news on Ike | Roadway incidents | Interactive tracking | Viewer photos of Ike | Doppler radar | During the storm | After the storm | Hurricane guide

Eyewitness News Healthcheck reporter Christi Myers reports that 33 people have already been treated for exposure to carbon monoxide, seven of which were bad enough to be treated in the hyperbolic chamber. And we've learned that one child has died.

It's critical that if you're using a generator, that you use it correctly. Click here for information from the American Red Cross on the correct way to use a generator.

Keep your family safe this hurricane season. Check our complete tropical weather preparation guide


Load Comments