Shorted out TV blamed for house fire

July 10, 2008 4:18:35 AM PDT
Family members had to run out of their house overnight to escape a fire in northeast Houston.It happened on Noble near the Eastex Freeway. Authorities said everyone was asleep when the fire started. The father woke up to find smoke and fire in his room. The mother cut her hand on some glass while trying to get everyone out, but will be OK.

The parents, one other adult and four children made it out without any other injuries. Investigators say the flames started when a TV shorted out.

      Headlines at a glance | News in your community | RSS feeds
           Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes


Load Comments