Firefighter, resident hurt in apartment fire

June 29, 2008 5:04:55 AM PDT
Red Cross is helping residents burned out of their Deer Park apartments. The fire started late last night on Academy and Spencer at Savannah Oaks apartments. Officials think it may have spread from an upstairs unit into the attic. Residents say police officers knocked on their doors telling everyone to get out.

"Right as I was getting out it went up in flames at the top shooting really bad," said resident David Bates.

"All the material things can go, just as long as family is OK, and she's part of the family," said resident Melanie Scott

The fire caused major damage to four upstairs units, while the ones downstairs sustained smoke and water damage.

One woman went to the hospital for smoke inhalation. A firefighter was also treated for heat exhaustion.

      Headlines at a glance | News in your community | RSS feeds
           Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes


Load Comments