Apt. fire blamed on unattended stove

May 12, 2008 10:21:31 AM PDT
An apartment building caught fire in west Houston this morning. The fire broke out just before 8am on West Bellfort near Braes Park. Firefighters quickly called for a second alarm.

Fire investigators say an upstairs resident was cooking, but went outside to walk the dog. That's when the stove caught fire. Everyone made it out safely. Firefighters say a fire stop in the attic prevented the flames from destroying the entire building.

At least 10 units in all were damaged. Two had fire damage, two had water damage and six suffered smoke damage.

No one was injured in the blaze.

- Headlines at a glance


Load Comments