The City hopes to tackle frustrations about noise levels by creating of a new ordinance that mandates maximum decibel levels. For their part, rally organizers will provide additional noise ordinance enforcement, erect signage along the Strand directing bikers to be "good neighbors" and refrain from racking their pipes, and broadcast a 30-second noise PSA on their downtown jumbotron every 30-minutes. The event's website will also prominently feature information about the City's no tolerance stance on excessive noise.
The agreement outlines other significant details.
- No City fees of any kind will be waived for the event.
- Police enforcement will be under the direction of the Police Chief Kenneth Mack.
- Promoters will continue to request vendors to cite Galveston on their sales tax permit so that those funds return to the island.
- The downtown live music schedule will be 5:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. starting Friday.
- The Seawall live music schedule will be 2:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. daily.
- There will be no contract for 2008.