Candle may be to blame for house fire

March 13, 2008 6:31:02 AM PDT
A candle tipped over and sparked a fire at a southeast Houston home. The fire broke out on Teal near Borden last night. The resident told firefighters he walked out of a bathroom for something, and never realized the candle hit the floor.

"Soon after that it was on fire, and there was not much he could do. He said it went up really fast," said Keith Smith with the Houston Fire Department. "Unfortunately his house isn't going to be saved."

Firefighters put the fire out within ten minutes. No one was hurt.

- Headlines at a glance


Load Comments