Neighbors save family from burning home

March 2, 2008 6:12:11 AM PST
A family in west Harris County can thank their neighbors for alerting them to a house fire.It happened on on Forthbridge at Grousemoor. Investigators say the homeowner, his wife and daughter were all asleep when a neighbor knocked on the door and told them there was smoke coming from the house. They all got out safely.

The homeowner said he only saw a small amount of smoke in his house before leaving.

"We didn't see any fire until we came out ," said homeowner Richard Julian. "But thank God they catch it before it started."

Investigators say the fire started between the front and outside walls and eventually spread to the attic. Arson investigators are checking to see if the fire started from electrical wiring.

- Headlines at a glance


Load Comments