Firefighter battles fire at his home

February 27, 2008 6:20:11 AM PST
A Houston firefighter helped put out a fire at his own home early this morning in southeast Harris County. The fire broke out around 1:30am on Wood Creek and Linden Creek. The unidentified man was actually wearing his gear and hosing down the home when other firefighters arrived. Fire crews found the single story brick structure heavily involved.

He only rents the home and lives with his two sons, aged 10 and 11. No one was injured.

"Fortunately, while I was on the phone, they came over here to pound on my door, get me out of my house, a gentleman and two or three of his sons," said neighbor Dick Yager.

Firefighters have determined it's an electrical fire, which started in the dryer unit situated in the back of the home.

The back of the house sustained heavy damage, but the firefighter and his sons were able to get out safely.

- Headlines at a glance


Load Comments