Smoke detector saves family from fire

January 1, 2008 7:13:11 AM PST
A smoke detector helped alert a southeast Houston family to the fact that their home was on fire. A resident was asleep on the second floor of a home on Jefferson at Eastwood when he heard the alarm and saw the back of his home burning. He got his two small children out of the house and called 911.

Firefighters say it's possible fireworks may have landed on the home and started the fire, but they're not sure at this point.


Load Comments