Cigarette blamed for house fire

December 9, 2007 6:20:27 AM PST
A cigarette is being blamed for starting a house fire in southwest Houston.The fire broke out at a home on Braes Ridge near Creekbend. Investigators say the homeowner's son fell asleep while smoking a cigarette in bed. It caught his mattress on fire.

The man burned himself while trying to put out the fire. He was treated on the scene.

The fire damaged the second floor. The first floor received smoke and water damage.


Load Comments