DALLAS, Texas - As if you needed more reason to entice or confuse your palette, the State Fair of Texas is arming its fairgrounds with new food selections on top of its previously announced Big Tex Choice Awards semi-finalists.
The State Fair unveiled its new foods for 2017, which will include:
- Fried Mango Loco at Fruteria Cano
- Jalapeno Popcorn at Pioneer Kettle Korn
- Pineapple Float at Pineapple Man
- Chicken Fried Spam Fries at Stiffler's Sweet Spot
- Caramel Sea Salt Beer at Stiffler's Sweet Spot
- Deep Fried Slovacek's Garlic Pepper Jack Sausage Wrapped with Bacon on a Stick at Darn Good Corn
- Crabmeat Jalapeno Poppers at Villa's Seafood Village
- Chicken Jalapeno Poppers at Villa's Seafood Village
- Veggie Hot Dog at Lone Star Pizza
- Spicy Garlic Fries at Stuffed Wings
- Deep Fried Bacon Wrapped Mozzarella Cheese By Old Mill Inn Restaurant
- Shrimp Po Boy w/ Siracha Cilantro Aioli By Old Mill Inn Restaurant
- Grilled Chicken Burrito By Old Mill Inn Restaurant
- Turkey Caesar Wrap By Old Mill Inn Restaurant
- Fried Cheesecake Stuffed Apple Sundae at Ms. Ruth's
- Dreamy Drunken Sopapilla Cheesecake Bar at Chef Cassy's Creations
- Crawfish Lollipop at Benavides Nachos
- Fried Arroz Con Pollo at Ranchero Norteno
- Oreo Beer at Barrera's
- Tipsy Topsy Catfish on a Stick at Chef Cassy's Creations
- Cajun Fried Devil Eggs at Larry's Bar & Grill
- Deep Fried Root Beer Float with Dragon's Breath By Scrumbscious Pie Company
- Fried El Paso at Trio on the Green
- Beer Battered Beef Jerky at Crazy Otto's
The items are in addition to some of the Big Tex Choice Awards semi-finalist dishes that will be part of the 2017 menu.
RELATED: State Fair of Texas 'sweet' and 'savory' semi-finalists of 2017
You can sink your teeth on some Chicken Fried Spam Fries at historic Fair Park in Dallas, starting Friday, Sept. 29 through Sunday Oct. 22.
You can purchase tickets at BigTex.com/Tickets.
Report a typo to the ABC13 staff